Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was
extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly
enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing.
Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers?
I’d definitely appreciate it.
Thank you Eliza for your comment, and I am sorry if your initial message has accidently been deleted. I am very flattered by your words and would love to give you some tips. However, blogging is still very new for me as well, so I’ll give you advices from my personal experience.
• FIND A SUBJECT: Find a subject that you are passionate about, such as travelling, fashion, relationships, music, life, etc. You need to write about something you know, or feel, or experienced. That way your feelings will shine through your words and the readers will feel involved in the story.
• WRITE, WRITE, WRITE: Write as much as you can, about things that matter to your blog, things that will inspire people to come back. The more you write, the more you’ll improve your writing, and the more you will get recognized by other bloggers and readers.
• BUILD AUDIENCE: The more people that see you blog, the more traffic it will get. The idea is to have people ‘liking’ or ‘sharing’ your links so more people can see. Media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are also good tools for that.
• CREATE A GOOD WEBSITE: I have mine with WordPress. I was with Blogpost at first, but I didn’t like the outlook. It took me a lot of time to figure out how everything worked, but with the help of YouTube I got it done. Something not too fancy, not too cheesy, something that is comfortable on the eye and easy to navigate.
• BLOG: Go and read other people’s work. Like and comment. The blogging world is like a big family and we need to encourage each other. If you do so, people will start doing the same for you. It will also create more traffic.
• RE-READ & REVISE: Re-read your post out loud and see how it sounds. Does it makes sense? Does it have a moral? Why should people read it? Readers like to read something that will inform them about a new place, about a new trend, or simply reflect on a new idea, etc. Revise your text and look for mistakes. It’s ok to make a few mistakes here and there, but try to keep it as neat as possible. Having English as a second language, I know I make a few mistakes, some that I don’t even know about. However, I try my best to correct them. A reader is most likely to come back to a blog that is clean and enjoyable to read.
• DON’T GIVE UP: Do it for the fun, not for the money. Do it because you inspire yourself in your words, you educate yourself in your researches, you feel accomplished when readers appreciate your work. Maybe the money will come, yes, maybe it won’t. It will all depend how dedicated and passionate you are about it. If you write frequently, build a strong and returning audience, and blog on a daily basis with fellow bloggers, you might just get what you wish for.
Once again, I am also a novice and part-time blogger, as I have a busy work life & lifestyle. But taking the time to write about my travels, experiences and feelings make me feel good. When the world around can’t relate to your present, there is always someone out there who does. And it feels good to be understood. For me, blogging is a new passion that grows everyday. Of course it’ll be a dream to live off this one day. But until then, I’ll keep writing, because it makes me feel good, happy, and alive.
I hope this helped a bit. I would love to see your work. Please send me a link of your website when you have it put up :).
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.